Trimming silicone?

taftonomos

Market
Reaction score
Just picked up my glasscages fragtanks... WOW, they overbuilt them just a tad..

1/2" glass, tank is 4'x4' x8" tall, lol.

There is some residual sillycon coming from the seams on the bottom of the tank. I'm assuming it's cool for me to just slide a razor across the glass to trim this flush yeah?

Inside seams look great btw, it's just a few spots on the outside (mainly the corners)

Thanks! Hopefully in the next 2 weeks or so these will be set up and fragging/growing mushrooms, zoo's, and some yumas :)

Man, I waited 2 hrs today out in the freezing cold. Finally pick up my 220 gallon Starphire tank and loaded onto the truck. Final inspection revealves a small chip so had to load the tank BACK onto their truck...:(

There goes my xmas tank. Was hoping to set it up this past holiday.

Well, my 4x4 frag tanks were ~250 each. To get a acrylic tank made, the price was ~$900.

Acrylic is lighter, but once the tank is filled, who cares?
Glass doesn't scratch like plastic, hence my choice. Cheaper, and more durable.....

I too was told that I would need to pick up my tank at 230 at exit 218, right where I live. 12 hours before the tank arrived I was told 1pm. Nope, not going to happen I said. A minor argument insued, but an agreement was quickly reached. They would return to exit 218 later in the day. 530 rolls around, they called me, and after they fought traffic to come back S on I75, I had my tanks. They were packed up front surrounded by foam and padding, and looked fine to me. Was a minor inconvience. I think they realized that if they couldn't meet me sometime today, I was just going to cancel my order. Power to the consumer w/the credit card :).

I should have asked about your tank. I wonder if they would have sold it to me for little/nothing.... Why were you standing outside your car in the cold? :)

Where was the chip anyway?

Thier constant changing of the delivery schedule was the reason I cancelled my order with them. I think their prices are great, and their tanks of quality though.

TAftonomos;112653 wrote: Well, my 4x4 frag tanks were ~250 each. To get a acrylic tank made, the price was ~$900.

Acrylic is lighter, but once the tank is filled, who cares?
Glass doesn't scratch like plastic, hence my choice. Cheaper, and more durable.....

I too was told that I would need to pick up my tank at 230 at exit 218, right where I live. 12 hours before the tank arrived I was told 1pm. Nope, not going to happen I said. A minor argument insued, but an agreement was quickly reached. They would return to exit 218 later in the day. 530 rolls around, they called me, and after they fought traffic to come back S on I75, I had my tanks. They were packed up front surrounded by foam and padding, and looked fine to me. Was a minor inconvience. I think they realized that if they couldn't meet me sometime today, I was just going to cancel my order. Power to the consumer w/the credit card :).

I should have asked about your tank. I wonder if they would have sold it to me for little/nothing.... Why were you standing outside your car in the cold? :)

Where was the chip anyway?

There was another tank (380 Gal) that was for another guy. We kind of all stood outside waiting since my friends all came in separate vehicles. The chip was a very odd locaton. It was in the back but on the inside where it meets.

Back