Triton Method Questitons

bpitts4

Market
Reaction score
First the background info...

I have a 300 gallon mixed reef that I would say is sps dominated. For equipment, I am currently running a MRC calcium reactor with magnesium crystals added. I have an Aquamedic kalk reactor as well that is ran through my ato but only when the PH is below 2.5. If the PH is above that the tank is topped off from another top off container with just RO/DI. I have a 4o watt UV and run a RO SSS3000 internal skimmer. The sump has 3 filter sock and I currently do not run carbon or GFO. I have a huge amount of cheato already so that fits with their model.

Now to the questions....

I am thinking of switching to the Triton method but have some questions. My questions are as follows:
1. Would I need to get rid of my calcium and kalk reactors and just use their recommended products?
2. Is this method really effective on larger systems from a cost perspective as well as overall efficiency.
3. Can I still us my UV?
4. Should I get rid of the filter socks.

Just looking for some info from anyone who is currently either converting their system over or someone who is currently following their methods. It would be a plus if you have a larger system so that I can get an apples to apples comparison on some of the questions.

Thanks!

I looked into it and the price is astronomical for large tanks. It doesn't get any better or cheaper than CaRx imho.

Back