Triton Method

wake125122

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone out there use the Triton Method? If so how are you liking it? I am thinking about starting my new 90 gallon tank on it. Tank isn't up and running yet but should be at least cycling in about a month or so.

A member in Woodstock was when I bought some coral from him a few months ago. His tank looked pretty good.

I'm doing the no water changes, fuge and dump and pray minor approach. It's working well so far.

ROFL! After that response by Dan, I don't know if I want to reply! 😀 I have used the Triton method for the past six months. I have been impressed with the growth that I have seen in my system. I definately liked the "no water change" approach. I have not made a water change of any kind during those six months. The system haas remained stable. I'm changing over to a calcium reactor simply said because I can. I have had a calcium reactor with everything that goes with it laying here for over a year. I figure It's time to use it and then decide whether I like it or Triton best. What I didn't like about the switch is now, I have to go back to water changes. That's no big thing though because I am using a DOS to do auto water changes daily. Just requires keeping a supply of new salt water ready to go. I have a new, unopened 4 pack of Triton Other Methods available if anyone want to buy it. $45 (plus what's left in the other 4 bottles that I took off line).

I have heard from several members who ran the full method and after about a year they started experiencing issues.  They all said if they had to do it again they would incorporate some water changes into their maintence schedule.

Back