Trying to catch a clownfish

twistoflime

Market
Reaction score
I have a pair of darwins clownfish that used to cause some issues but since I've added a rabbit fish they have been good. The thing is they stole my occeallaris' rbta. Catching them with a net isn't going to work obviously, so I have a different idea.
Every time I feed I put the flakes or cyclopleeze or whatever I feed that day in the net. Some will float out and they will have to come near the net to eat it. I leave whatever is left in the net. It's only day three and my rabbit fish and blenny are coming into the net. It's only a matter of time until the clownfish do it to when they start to do it I'll wait a few days and then scoop them out.
I just wanted to share this idea with you guys. I'm hoping this will work but if it doesn't it's not a big deal and I"ll just add the split of my rbta to the big tank for the oceallaris to have.

Takes patience! Good job! We wound up hitting ours with a flashlight after lights out. We could scoop him out no problemo right afterwards.

With my 30 whenever I want to remove a fish I usually do a low tide. I have a few 5 gallon buckets that I siphon the water into and when I have just a few inches of water (enough to keep the clams and anonome under water). I then put most of the water back in, I usually do a 25% water change at this time also. I have never lost any corals or other critters.

Back