Tube Anemone...yes or no?

coolsurf

Reaction score
I found a couple things in my old tank as I was breaking it down. I found a crab I never knew I had..kinda tan in color (no hair) and a tube anemone. I'll post the crab sooner or later when I upload the pic but he's banished to the sump for now. Now as for the tube nem..should I put him in my new tank or not? I've heard a whole lotta bad about these guys and wonder if I should add him or not? If not, he goes back to the old tank until I can give him away. Thanks.....

I have three in my 210 and there has been no issues. What bad things have you heard?

tube anemones do have a pretty potent sting and will most likely kill any corals it comes in contact with. other than that the two I had were harmless and never moved an inch from where i placed them in my tank.

I've heard that they are very dangerous to fish and corals and have a very bad sting. Keep at least 8" from everything and not recommended for a community tank. If you say keep him, I trust you and in he'll go! :yes:

Jeff.mcphail;321493 wrote: tube anemones do have a pretty potent sting and will most likely kill any corals it comes in contact with. other than that the two I had were harmless and never moved an inch from where i placed them in my tank.

Which are now happily living in my tank! I keep them far away from any potential conflicts with other corals so I guess I am ok.

Back