Tunze multi-controller Owners-two 6101 pumps-programming suggestions?

acroholic

Lifetime
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Got my Oceanic 120 Tech Series set up, live rock and Sand bed, fuge, Calcium reactor, skimmer, lighting. Just hooked up the Tunze 7095 Multi controller and two 6101 Turbelles, I have not plugged them in yet.

The 6101s are placed in the upper back left and right corners. The tank will hold primarily SPS types, so I am looking for suggestions as to what programs on the 7095 would be appropriate?

Should I have the 6101s on 12V (low flow) or 24V (high flow). I don't want to overpower the tank either.

I just need some advice from current or previous owners of this controller. This is new equipment to me.

Thanks.

Dave

1. start low & move up slowly.
2. start both at 0 & 30 or 40? Only you can make that call.
3. use the interval 2 mode.
tweek for the next 6 months!

Interval 2 all the way. In my opinion, you can have them fluctuate beteen 30 and 100% and you wont be "overpowering" for the corals or fish. The sand bed may disagree, though!

Hmm I just set mine to interval 2. Had them on pulse.....not to mention tho i have 6000's. Jeremy do you have them on 100%, or the 30-100?

glxtrix;159312 wrote: Hmm I just set mine to interval 2. Had them on pulse.....not to mention tho i have 6000's. Jeremy do you have them on 100%, or the 30-100?
I have them pulse between 30 and 100% at a 8 second interval, on interval 2. The 7095 lets you control the indivudal pump, and the overall group pumps. So, at interval 2, both pumps are always running at at least 30%, and every 8 seconds, the "master" pump bumps to 100% for 8 seconds. The controller rotates the "master" and "slave" pump every 2 hours. I love the 7095.

OK here is what I did. My 6101s are on interval, 1.5 sec pulse, 30 second duration, 30% nominal and 100% pulse. And yes, my sand bed does not like it, especially in the middle of the front of the tank. The 6101s have, at the plastic junction where the 7075 cable hooks in, a small white knob that you can regulate the pump flow (+ or - with a turn), so I have these turned down. I still get the same flow cycle from the 7075 controller, but I have the pumps throttled down a bit. I may play with the alternative 15V power option.

Do I need full flow from these 6101s in a 48" x 24" tank?

discusdave;159454 wrote: OK here is what I did. My 6101s are on interval, 1.5 sec pulse, 30 second duration, 30% nominal and 100% pulse. And yes, my sand bed does not like it, especially in the middle of the front of the tank. The 6101s have, at the plastic junction where the 7075 cable hooks in, a small white knob that you can regulate the pump flow (+ or - with a turn), so I have these turned down. I still get the same flow cycle from the 7075 controller, but I have the pumps throttled down a bit. I may play with the alternative 15V power option.

Do I need full flow from these 6101s in a 48" x 24" tank?

If you're talking about the little white screw setting on the driver box, I would leave that at top level, and dial the pump down with the 7095. Set it to like 30 and 50% if it is too much force. The little screw on the driver is for if you dont have the 7095.

You'll just ahve to see what setting you want to have. I run two 6200s on a 210, and switched from fine sand to crushed coral to minimize the sandstorm. Personally, I think heavy flow through the tank is EXTREMELY important to fish and coral health, and think it ios one of the most overlooked issues. I dont think you can have too much really. Just my opinion, though.

Back