Tunze Osmolator 3155 bad pump

miktrav

Market
Reaction score
I just noticed this evening that my Tunze Osmolator wasn't drawing water from the top off container. I could hear the pump working but no topoff water was entering the tank. I looked at the bottom of the pump and although the pump motor was working the white piece that spins to intake water wasn't moving. To make a long story short, who do I contact for warranty service or replacement? Should I contact BRS where I bought it from? The unit is less than 3 months old.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide

Contact Tunze USA about you warranty work. They have great customer service. Roger Vitko is the owner of Tunze USA. They also have a Sponsor Forum on Reef Central. Website and contact info below.

a>

Pump also broke for me and Roger sent me a new pump with no questions asked. Pump sucks, but customer service is excellent.

I have two Osmolators with over two years each on the pumps, so I dunno what to tell you on that.

I have almost the exact same situation. Thanks for bringing this up. I too was wondering who to contact and just hadn't gotten around to it yet. It is on my to-do list but keeps getting bumped closer to the bottom. Thanks guys!

Maybe a bad batch of pumps? Seems strange to hear so many went bad locally at about the same time.

Thanks for the info. I contacted them via email this morning. I guess the customer service will determine if paying the extra money for the Tunze unit over one of the others was worth it.

I have a response from Roger V. With a few things to try. He says if they don't work email him the invoice and the date stamp from the power cord and he will be happy to send me out a replacement pump.

Back