Tunze Osmolator problems

purplegorilla

Reaction score
Anyone using the Tunze Osmolator top off? I am having problems with the their IR sensor. Basically every 3-4 weeks I would have to remove the sensor and wipe it down just so it would work. Kind of annoying because the sensor looks pretty clean and I am tire of removing the sensor to clean it every other week.

I had the same issue, until I moved it to a low flow area in the sump.

I am using it in my Solana so I don't really have much choice. The back of the Solana only have 3 chambers and I am using it in the last chamber in which I feel is the slowest flow. That sux to have spent that kind of money for something that doesn't work half the time.

Get in touch with Tunze USA. Roger Vitko is the owner, and he has the BEST customer service on the planet. Tel him the situation and see if he can offer any suggestions. If it is a problem with the Sensor, Tunze will take care of it if it is in Warranty, or for a small fee if out of Warranty. I met him at MACNA last year. Great guy. He has taken great care of me in a couple Tunze warranty issues as well.

Telephone:: (512) 833-7546
Facsimile:: (512) 832-6082
E-mail address:: mailto:tunze@sbcglobal.net">tunze@sbcglobal.net</a>

It's probably a problem with the sensor. I have the same setup and mine works fine. Been installed for a couple of months now.

RealFish;342225 wrote: It's probably a problem with the sensor. I have the same setup and mine works fine. Been installed for a couple of months now.

Mine worked fine for a year before it started acting up.

or you can post on tunze forum on reef central as Roger monitors it every day. Tunze is top shelf in my book.

Back