Tunze Service

jhutto

Reaction score
Fellow reefers,
I wanted to share an experience I had with Tunze. I purchased a 6060 pump from a fellow ARC reefer about 9-10 months ago and it worked like a charm for many months. It stopped working and went to the Reef Central and downloaded the cleaning instructions posted there by their US rep Roger. I cleaned 'er up and thought I was good to go.

But I was wrong. Noticed a little ridge in the smooth sleeve inside the impeller well causing the impeller not to spin. I sent Roger a note and he asked me to mail it in. I did and today a brand new 6060 arrived. I am impressed!

One email is all it took and now I am back in business. Before this happened I had purchased from fellow ARC reefer Phil W. two 6055 Nanos along with the controller. So when the 6060 went bad I accelerated my action and put those pumps in action in my 90 gallom.

I love them and also the 6060 when I was using it. Reason for my posting, its unusual in this era that some one steps up like Tunze for a pump. We all know that Tunze products are not the most inexpensive but they do come through with superior service without a lot of effort by the consumer. I am sold on their products due to their service and performance. Just thought I would pass it along. :thumbs: :yay:

Joe

good story, and what makes is even more impressive, is that you bought yours used. I'm impressed

good for you-and Tunze-good PR. that says something about them (in a positive way).

I've always had great service with Roger. A couple of years back, I was upgrading my two nanos and 2 6060 to my 2 6000 & controller. I sold (or some say gave away) my 6060, and roger outfitted my nanos with new parts so I could trade them in. all parts were brand new!

Roger is unbelievable. I've had some of my Tunzes for 10 years now and I have a total of 8 including two waveboxes and about once a year I have to send one in. Roger always handles them next day and rarely do I have to pay a dime. Every once in a while a 5 year old driver dies or something and I pay like $50. They are awesome investments and the service is second to none.

I have received nothing but EXCELLENT customer service from Roger Vitko at Tunze USA. That is why I own them. Tunze products are not perfect, but the customer service almost is.
Dave

Back