Tunze Skimmer ----- CRAZY

grouper

Market
Reaction score
I have a Tunze skimmer thats going crazy. I look and noticed that bubble where forming in the cup but water kept filling the cup up along with more bubbles. I have to continue to empty the cup. HELP!!!!!!!!!
What's going on?????:eek:

I'd shut it off quickly...

Have you done a water change today? When I add new SW my skimmer overskims a bit. Also did you put your hands in the tank with oil or lotion on? There can be many reasons that a skimmer will suddenly overskim. I'd just shut it off for a while. If you did have something on your hands I would perform another water change. JMO!

Looks like you are not dialed in properly... Or you are getting a reduced air intake to the skimmer which is causing the water level to rise, or the water level in your sump or at the pump level has changed... there could be a few reasons for this. Do you notice a decreased number of bubbles in the skimmer body?

All thanks for the advice. Bubbles are circulating correctly now I believe. I reset the dial for the air flow and it seemed to correct the problem. All of the
bubbles are clear. Thats something that I did not expect. I guess I have to wait and see.

Back