Two little fishies salt- AccuraSea1 - would like opinions

sharis100

Supporting
Reaction score
Going to be setting up mixing station and the new tank system soon. Would love any thoughts on this salt.
Thanks in advance.

Me neither.
Although Julian Sprung, who started/owns that company, has a zoology degree, is published and usually does his homework on things.
I don't even see any formal reviews. Just the one's from individuals, on retailer's web sites.

I know Reefbuilders Jake uses it for their studio. And WWW uses it along with Tropic Marin and Brightwell. Trying to figure out which will be easiest for me and give good results.

I bought a barrel of Live Aquaria salt on sale, for cycling/start up.

I'm set on switching to Tropic Marin Pro after that's gone. I'll have about 130 gal total, so cost isn't a huge difference for me.

You might also check out the Red Sea products, which seem to have good ratings.

Definitely need to check out the EAV B-Ionic system. It’s not exactly what I would call “easy”, compared to traditional dump-and-stir salt, but it has a lot going for it, especially how fast it is ready to move to your tank.

I mixed some up the other night, and it was clear in a very short period of time. Plus, since all of the components are separate, you can control individual parameters. I was able to make a batch at 1.026 SG, but without tasing Mg, Ca, etc. levels.

Check out the videos over at BRS. It’s pretty interesting stuff!!

I've used it and fact just used up that last bit I had tonight. Mixes easy, but can't say it's any bettor or worse than other salts that are out on the market. Will be using Tropic Marin going forward just because it's more readily available.

This is the first I've heard of it too. There are so many options that I think finding a salt that is near where you like to keep your parameters, mixes well and fits you're budget is the way to go. I've been using LA salt for those reasons. For me, both versions of IO salt are way high on lithium and either too high or too low on Alk, Cal & Mag for me. If this new product from TLF fits the bill above I'd be willing to give it a shot, if not, then look for one that does and stick with it for stability.

Back