Two Spot Bristletooth Tang

davis_mad713

Reaction score
Hi all, I woke up this morning to my two spot bristletooth tang with what looks like bruising on both sides of her body. She was eating well at first and is now very sluggish and her breathing is labored. I haven't been able to get a good photo yet as she is in hiding mostly, which is not typical of her. Any ideas of what this could be or any suggestions on treatment before it's too late?

Yes, however the spots continued to spread all over and she didn't make it unfortunately. It was very rapid and just completely out of the blue. All of the other fish and inverts are doing very well with no signs of parasites or illness at all.

Hm ive never seen that before did you take any pictures I'll follow along this thread maybe someone whose seen this before will comment

Sent from my ls990 using Tapatalk

How long did you have the fish?

Did you quarantine?

The only thing I know of that can kill that fast is Brooklynella, and it's the right time of year for it. Not typical for tangs but any fish can get it.

That or Uronema marinum but that usually shows up during or right after shipping.

Jenn

JennM;1043468 wrote: How long did you have the fish?

Did you quarantine?

The only thing I know of that can kill that fast is Brooklynella, and it's the right time of year for it. Not typical for tangs but any fish can get it.

That or Uronema marinum but that usually shows up during or right after shipping.

Jenn

I agree, I would keep a close eye on your other fish. I had a whole tank wipe due to adding a couple of infected fish. It's so fast it's hard to beat
a>

Back