Type of flatworm?

fish scales2

Market
Reaction score
I found a parasite yesterday at customers tank. Looks like a flatworm except for shape, kinda looked like an eraser sized flat worm taking on the color of the mushroom it was on. (I have seen these once before also on mushrooms)
When I touched it, with my coral grabber, he scurried off to the side.

There were only 3 that I could visibly see, I checked every mushroom over closely too see if they had spread. FW dip weekly for six weeks should get rid of I believe.

What are they exactly?

:lol2:

Barbara;262613 wrote: Did you dip the mushrooms in FW today? I have found that a) mushrooms can handle a FW dip; and b) if it's flatworms, they literally melt right off in FW. It's almost fun to watch the little buggers die. I like to pretend I can hear them screaming as they melt:D . Did I tell you I hate flatworms?

Post a pic of it if you get a chance and I am sure you will get a definitive answer to what it is. I had a flatworm problem that drove me crazy for a while. They can be gotten rid of without hurting your inhabitants in s short period of time. I have my way and I am sure most of the others that have been doing this for a while have had their experience with them also. If you have flatworms for sure send me a PM and I'll reply with my phone number and I'll talk you through an easy way to get rid of them before they are everywhere. To be honest I never had a problem with what the flatworms were doing and I had both kinds. I just hated seeing them everywhere. Now with that being said, I did not have any SPS in my tanks.

I am familiar with comensal fw and aefw but these guys seem different. Eraser in size, maybe a 1/4" across, not symetrical like planaria.

My solution was to fw dip and instructed my customer to do so every week for at least 5 more treatments. I just want to make sure any eggs that have been layed are destroyed as they hatch and hopes of them not laying again. I do not just want to asume that there life cycle is the same as comensals.

Fish Scales2;262635 wrote: I am familiar with comensal fw and aefw but these guys seem different. Eraser in size, maybe a 1/4" across, not symetrical like planaria.

My solution was to fw dip and instructed my customer to do so every week for at least 5 more treatments. I just want to make sure any eggs that have been layed are destroyed as they hatch and hopes of them not laying again. I do not just want to asume that there life cycle is the same as comensals.
Sounds like a polyclad. Kill it. Kill it with Fire!!!!

Did not think it was a polyclad as it does not look like a nudi. (the ones I have seen all looked like Nudis) I know that commensals are also polyclads

I just found a book called "Marine Flatworms - the world of flatworms by Leslie Newman"

Back