U.V. and Skimmers?

I did put the UV on about a week ago. And since then my skimmer doesnt want to produce foam. Might run it on a timer? how often does everyone run theres?

I like to run the simmer 24hrs a day. My UV return and skimmer return and skimmer pump are all in the same section of my sump. I could move the UV return and put it somewhere else in the sump. And run the UV on a timer.

Its probably just oils from the uv since its fairly new, my guess would be since the output of the uv is close to the skimmer intake that the skimmer is probably just sucking in some of those oils similar to how a new skimmer breaks in....

Its a used UV. It seems to be a little better I moved a couple things around.

I like to have my UV output directly to the skimmer. This way the skimmer can remove what the UV just killed. I've not noticed an increase or decrease in skimmate production with the UV on or off though...

I know with ozone, the skimmer actually pulled out less gunk. From what I read, it was because the ozone nuked so much crud, the skimmer didn't have as much to pull. Not sure how the UV would correspond with this though.

Back