Unhappy anemone

matlet

Supporting
Reaction score
My anemone has been unhappy for some time. I assumed it was because my 2 clowns were stressing it. However I have moved the rock holding the anemone to a basket and it is still not opening up. My water parameters are ok, other than my salt is a bit low, which I'm addressing. Any thoughts? I have a 75 gallon tank (8 yrs running) with LR, the clowns, coral beauty, yellow tang and cleaner shrimp.

How long is "for some time"? Nems can go through a process where the flush out their system. It can take anywhere from one to three weeks. The nem will shrink up significantly during this time. For the most part the mouth will stay closed and the tentacles and foot remain healthy looking. Hope that helps.

Well, the anemone hasn't been happy for more than a month. It was staying in a fixed place for several months, but was not extending its tentacles very much. It has been closed up for at least a month (which begs the question how it is eating/surviving - maybe opening at night?). Anyway, it has been in the basket for three days. I have Coralife light fixture with (2) 150w MH and (2) 96w dual-actinic CFLs. Foot looks healthy.

Back