Unknown acros or just name brand

civics14

Market
Reaction score
Anyone else but me collect unknown acros? I never been a fan of some of these newer acros that require the windex look with your lights to make it look good.

Here is a cool one I got about 6 months ago and I like it a lot. Hard to capture in the pic, but the polyps are yellow.

Attachments

• 059272D2-FCBD-4877-8714-543CFEDDE237.jpeg
    059272D2-FCBD-4877-8714-543CFEDDE237.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
Anyone else but me collect unknown acros? I never been a fan of some of these newer acros that require the windex look with your lights to make it look good.

Here is a cool one I got about 6 months ago and I like it a lot. Hard to capture in the pic, but the polyps are yellow.

I can't get with the windex look either. I tried running SPS programs with my light and it's just too blue. I started with PC bulbs and my eyes just got used to a lot of whites. The program I run now on my display is perfect and I know it's still plenty blue because I didn't like it much for the first few days.

So when we going to see some frags of that one?

But seriously, the look of a coral is all that matters to me. Name or no name, if it looks good (and the price is right), I'm down. BTW, that does look great. Name it and you can charge 10x the price.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

So when we going to see some frags of that one?

But seriously, the look of a coral is all that matters to me. Name or no name, if it looks good (and the price is right), I'm down. BTW, that does look great. Name it and you can charge 10x the price.

Probably another 3-4 months before it can be fragged. I got a few of my own named corals. Lol

I can't get with the windex look either. I tried running SPS programs with my light and it's just too blue. I started with PC bulbs and my eyes just got used to a lot of whites. The program I run now on my display is perfect and I know it's still plenty blue because I didn't like it much for the first few days.
I like that crisp white with a hint of blue look myself.

Probably another 3-4 months before it can be fragged. I got a few of my own named corals. Lol
Oh, I've seen. I grew up in Stone Mountain and my parents still live there. I'd love to check out your system some time I'm in the neighborhood if you're open to it. It sure looks impressive from the photos you post. I had real trouble with SPS for a while in my 120 but I'm finally seeing some progress. Still going slow right now.

Oh, I've seen. I grew up in Stone Mountain and my parents still live there. I'd love to check out your system some time I'm in the neighborhood if you're open to it. It sure looks impressive from the photos you post. I had real trouble with SPS for a while in my 120 but I'm finally seeing some progress. Still going slow right now.

Sure, if I’m around and nothing going on, more than welcome.

Some very nice coral. I'm just window shopping I'm just now cycling my tank and I like the look of the goni

I’m a huge fan of pretty “non named” corals! Just as cool and no where close to the $!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back