Up in the air

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
Hello my reefing family, so today I was working close to The Fish Store and decided to stop by. While I was there I saw some nice and fat candy canes so I purchased a three header for $30. I got home and acclimated it and as soon as I put it into the tank my Idol went after it. At this point the idol must go or I must move on to different coral, are there any sps that are safe to put in my tank with the idol? He is currently in the sump in time out until I make a decision 7435AC88-D013-4D4A-B011-87BC7D366F0C.jpeg

"Moorish idol fish are beautiful, ornate, and stunners in an aquarium. They are a rarity, too. Not in the oceans, but aquariums. Most die very easily in captivity. Most do not make it a week after you make the purchase. The primary reason is they are such picky eaters, they would rather starve to death than eat something they do not want."

I'd say you're outaluck.

"Moorish idol fish are beautiful, ornate, and stunners in an aquarium. They are a rarity, too. Not in the oceans, but aquariums. Most die very easily in captivity. Most do not make it a week after you make the purchase. The primary reason is they are such picky eaters, they would rather starve to death than eat something they do not want."

I'd say you're outaluck.
This guy eats it all mysis, brine, clam, flakes, Masstick and LPS coral

Back