Update on my 65g reef.

jaustin

Market
Reaction score
Well I've been busy with other things and unfortuanley my feef flet the neglect. About 3 months ago something got out of wack and I almost lost a couple colonies. My 3 species of Montipora bleached a little and i almost lost my green slimer that's 7" tall with new branches. The slimer is now in 6 pieces in a friends tank doing well and coloring back up. Other corals have been slightley stunted in growth also.

I think i found the problem that has been messing with my reef for about a year now. I bought a Pinpoint PH probe and discoverd i have low low PH. My PH was 7.5 at night and 7.8 in the day. I callibrated the probe and it was in fact that low.

I since have added a line to the skimmer intake and ran it outside, that helped but i slacked on the water changes a couple moths ago and didn't do them weekley like i normaly doo. Things are back on track and my corals are getting happy again and starting to grow.

Here are some pics.

The Favia

100_3659.jpg
alt="" />

New Favias

100_3658.jpg
alt="" />
100_3657.jpg
alt="" />

My Emerald crab chillin in my leather...not sure what the leather thinks about him
100_3656.jpg
alt="" />

New Palays that are taking off!

100_3661.jpg
alt="" />

trumpet colony, has grown from 2 head.

100_3662.jpg
alt="" />

Thanks Peaches, have any updated pics of your tank? Want to frag swap sometime.

I am in the process of rearanging my tank so I dont have any good pics right now. But maybe if I can finnish the tank tomorrow I maybe able to get some posted then. Other than some zoas mushrooms and some monti's I really dont have much that is big enough to frag. I hope the frags that I got Monday will grow quickly and I will have some things really cool to frag.

Glad you have a handle on it. If you need anything call me. Those palys mutiply like mad.

Back