Updated PICS of new tank build

darren24

Market
Reaction score
Well the tank is on the stand. I stained the stand this week and moved it into my home office. Sorry for the bad PIC (reflection). The 2nd pic is underneath of the sump and power strip. Also you can see that I bought a thick clear plastic shower curtain and doubled it up and lined the bottom under the sump just in case of leaks.

DSC00785.jpg
alt="" />

DSC00786.jpg
alt="" />

Looks great! Watch out for salt spray from the sump creeping into the back of that power bar--it can be a cause of electrical shorts eventually (might not be a problem--it's just hard to guage from the picture how close the the sump it really is...)

That is why I love this place. Good suggestions. The sump is about 8 inches back but I will watch for the salt creep. Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing but I figured the sump was prolly back further than the pic leads us to believe. Its looking great man. Btw, where did you get that power strip and how much? I've been meaning to pick one of these up but always fail to do so.

Finally got to see the pics of the new tank, thanks to a sinus infection(at home). Great looking tank & build. Can't wait to see it all set up!

Big D;100489 wrote: <span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">Darren, where did you pick up the switch panel and how much was it?.. Guitar Center quoted me $119 for an American DJ 8 switch panel today and I basically told them they were crazy, I knew I had seen it online for around $30.</span>

<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;">D</span>

(lil John voice) What!!!! it sells online for 24bucks.... you sure it wasn't the surge protected/watt LED displayed one?

David, I'm interested in getting one of those, maybe if ebay has some and will combine shipping do you wanna go in on that?

I was going to order another one, amazon sells them... I will be in for one as well...

well, whoever we get them from :) I'll start a post so we dont crowd Darrens post. More pics man!

Got it from Ebay. Called Guitar Center and the "guy" that I spoke with said that they did not carry these. I will go see how much it was but I did a "buy it now" and it was not much. Hold tight.

OK just put all the info in Lee's post. $28 shipped by seller "Centerstagelighting" on Ebay.

Back