Upgraded to the Trigger Emerald 34 Sump

huskerreefatl

Market
Reaction score
So I upgraded to the Trigger Emerald 34 sump from my homemade 20 long and like it a lot. I like the double filter sock and the way the drain comes into a separate compartment and then goes into the skimmer area, dedicated fug area, size, probe holders, dosing holes for lines, and the ability to raise the baffle by the return area to raise and lower the water level for the skimmer. I have a fug light that is magnetic so it sticks to the side of sump and only shines into the fug, the downside is that because of my stand bracing location, I can't center it on the fug so I may have to look at a different option.

Well heck, I had planned on attaching before and after photos but the upload fails saying that it lacks a security token. I have uploaded in the past so what is up? If I can figure it out, I will add the photos.

Trigger makes some nice sumps. I had the Ruby30 for about a year but couldn't fit my skimmer I upgraded to. I'd consider using Trigger for any future builds. Their price is also very good compared to other sump manufacturers.

I love my emerald 26.good stuff

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

The emerald 34 is on my sump wish list for my 220 build. Nice looking setup.

Nice looking sump! :)

Off-topic but don't trust that Coralife digital thermometer.

Jenn

That is a back up. I have a temp probe on my RKE that is set to the heater so the heater kicks on if the temp drops below 79.5 and shuts off at 80.5. It is set for 80 with a 0.5 variance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

JennM;1062382 wrote: Nice looking sump! :)

Off-topic but don't trust that Coralife digital thermometer.

Jenn
Thanks btw....i like it and the plumbing is better than before. ...and the ato reservoir....and the fug. Before i had a hob fug

Yeah looks much more accessible too.

Sumps sure have come a long way in the last 15 years or so.

Jenn

The only cumbersome thing may be changing filters. I haven't changed them yet but they are behind the skimmer. Before i had easy access to it but it was only 1 rather than the 2 that i have now.

Back