Urgent help needed in johns creek

hhv00586

Market
Reaction score
Anybody that can help me

I am out of the country and only get home tomorrow evening.

My son just let me know simmering happened overnight but he didn't know what

He says the water is low, very cloudy, fish dead, coral dying

As I am away I can do much.

Anybody able to goto my house and see what is going on and if necessary see if we can save anything

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll let you know. They are out till 2pm. And I might have someone going. I'll get back to you later to confirm

Mark, I'm over in Alpharetta and would be willing to go by. 404 660 7925. Let me know.

Everyone, this forum is fantastic. Thanks to all who made very generous offers.

From what I have been told, it looks like my return pump failed overnight. The loss of oxygen wiped out all of my fish. The coral may make it.

Most of the fish I had for over 3yrs, so I'm sad to see them all go this way

I will find out more when I land Sunday evening

I do not want to be...or an I trying to be...that ahole that tells you what you "should" have done. What I will tell you is from experience.

Always have at least one quality heater in your display.
Always have your circulation pumps in the display breaking surface tension, and on a backup battery or automatic transfer switch hooked to a Genset.
Always have a reefer tend your tank if you go out of town.

I am sure there are several more that people can list hindsight these are the mistakes I have made in the past.

If you have a tiny biocube- yah...whatever.

Try to say yah whatever to a 500+ gallon system with more money than you want to admit in it and overlook stupid stuff.

Good luck brother!

There is no powerheads at all in your display tank? I have mine return pump stop working and take me almost a week to replace it and everything is fine

Yes I have powerhead, was not enough i guess

Thanks for checking. Doing another big water change today. Bar loosing all fish, coral seems ok. Now need to restock. Was thinking of some shrimp first to help clean up whatever may left behind rock work

Back