Using a RK Elite as an ATO controller

porpoiseaquatics

Market
Reaction score
For those using an RK Elite (I suppose the setup is the same on an RK Lite), what did you set the channel function as: switch, pump or something else?

I have mine set as a switch and as such, it activates in 1 second bursts which drives me nuts when I'm sitting at my desk right next to the tank. This can last for several minutes as it tries to regulate the water level according to the float switch.

I'm interested in what your settings are. I think now I'd rather have it come on and not go off until it reaches the correct float switch level.

Is your float switch bouncing in the waves? Is so, setting hysteresis to a high value will take care of that.

It's not bouncing. Float is in the last chamber which is pretty smooth in terms of water turbulence. I'm trying to figure out the right setting as an ATO and I don't think switch is it.

this is from the DA forum,i have a double float switch but its programmed similar

ATO pump

Mode …………………... Auto
Function ………………. Switch
………. Device ……….. 08:SWA ……… ; Change appropriately for your system’s full switch
………. On When …….. Open …………. ; Full switch Change to what is appropriate for your switch
………. Device ………... None …………. ; Leave this at none for trigger timer to work
………. Off When …….. Open
………. Timer ………… None
Default ………………… Off
Standby ……………….. - - - -
Mode …………………... 0000
Alarm ………………….. None
………. Mode …………. OFF

Timer 20 ………………………………… ; Leave everthing at default except for time on and time off

DOW …………………... SMTWTFS
Start …………………… 12:00:00AM
Time On ………………. 00:00:30 ……… ; Change time on as required by your system
Time Off ………………. 00:30:00 ……….; Change time off as required by your system
Repeat ………………… None
Random ……………….. No
Oscillate ……………….. No

Thanks Reggie...that did the trick. I had the switch programmed twice (On when and Off when). Once I removed the 2nd (Off when), it works like I want it to.

Back