Ventilation Fan Install

cdub

Market
Reaction score
so in order to deal with the humidity issues in my garage fish room i have installed a ventilation fan.

Here are the items i bought for my project

6'' booster fan($25)
img0605vq3.jpg
alt="" /></a>

6'' flexible ducting($27)
img0609xw4.jpg
alt="" /></a>

6'' vent cap for the fish room($12)
img0610py2.jpg
alt="" /></a>

i just used an extension cord to wire up the fan($7)
img0612ru3.jpg
alt="" /></a>

then i ran the duct out the overhang of my roof to vent. i ran the extension cord to my acjr with it running for 10 mins every 2 hours. i figured the room is right around 350ft^3 and the fan pulls 250ft^3/min so that should be plenty to clear the room. total cost was $71.

Are You pulling the air(exhausting)from the room or are You pushing fresh air from outside into the room?

minireefer03;140740 wrote: Are You pulling the air(exhausting)from the room or are You pushing fresh air from outside into the room?

His purpose was to reduce Humidity. With the large evaporation from a large tank inside a small room, the water has to go somewhere. In my case it landed on a lot of my tools and started rusting them. I too have to add a fan.

This is exactly how I have mine setup. BUT, you found a good deal on the fan! I swear I paid much more for the exact same fan :(

One difference though: on the inlet side, I have a one way flap which opens when the fan turns on. On the outlet, another flap that opens with the fan turning on. This prevents anything from getting inside the duct work when the fan is off.

everything was purchased out home depot. the fan is very quiet so far...

thanks. I am thinking of adding something like this directly to the hood of my tank to keep the water temp and room temp down.

Keep in mind a cause in some house fires is duct fans being left on for extended periods of time and overheating. Some are not meant to be run 24x7.

Back