vermitid snail predators/cures

chymos45

Market
Reaction score
Ordinarily, I just let them be - decent little guys that help pull crud from the water column. Rarely, when their nets irritate an adjacent coral, I just break off the tube and problem solved. Some cases, they are in a crevice that is difficult to get to or I cannot even find the source of the nets. Any advice on how to address any problem locations?
If I could find them, I could cover the hole with super glue, but sometimes that is easier said than done. Any vermitid snail predators out there?

I read up on it - so all i have is kinda second hand -

CBB's can pick at them , so can blue leg hermits and emerald - other hermits may as well -

as far as manual removal , vinegar spray , joes juice etc as would be used on Aptasia is all i ran across

and the super glue idea for the larger ones.

for control it mentions monitoring nutrients as always

I use a titanium blade (screwdriver will do, but rust) to crush them under water as I see them pop up.

Pretty sure kalk paste would work as well as it nukes about anything it touches

LilRobb;379618 wrote: I use a titanium blade (screwdriver will do, but rust) to crush them under water as I see them pop up.

Pretty much what I do as well, unless I cannot find them. Kalk paste, super glue, Joe's juice, etc. all seem to work just as well as smashing them, privided you can get to them.
May try to see if the blue-leg hermit can help. Seek and destroy...

Back