Vertex Skimmer

regaltang

Market
Reaction score
are the vertex 130 or 150 omega good skimmers? anyone on here have any? got a 90 gallon reef wanted to know which would be a good skimmer for the tank...looking for efficiency and quiet

anyone here have a vertex 130 or 150 I have a 90 gallon reef are these good skimmers in the market looking for efficiency and quiet...would 130 be too small for a 90 or 150 too big for a 90 are there any other brands that are as efficient for the price point

I have the omega 150 on my 93g cube and love it! It's very quiet and to me does a very great job skimming.

Also have the 150 on my 90g. It's a great skimmer. I'm so glad I made the switch over to it.

I have a 200 running on a 220 gallon. Really not all that impressed, it's ok, but it's also quirky. I had better luck and performance from reef dynamics 150. It is quiet tho.

So what size would be good for 90 gal system omega 130 or 150? there is a $80 difference in price>>

When I was researching it, the 150 got better reviews in regards to stability and such. IMO, the 150 will not be too much, but that is my opinion. The 130 might be enough for your system, but I tend to lean more conservative and like a little more wiggle room for instances where you might need the extra oomph/capacity (something dies, overfeeding, etc...).

Yes they are great! Either will do for your size tank depending on how heavy your bio-load is. Now on the pump quietness; my 150 was a bit louder than my Sicce 5.0 return pump. BUT the omega pumps are just modified Sicce pumps so the quality and efficiency of is bar non. Also i do not have doors on my stand, and the bit of noise didnt bother me a bit.

Also mods please move to thread.

I have the 150 on my 90 gallon FOWLR and I love it. It took about a month to break it in but works like a champ. It does take some fine tuning but it is sweet.

I read a lot of issues arose with the 130 compared to the 150. I have a fairly light bioload in my 90g and I empty my skimmer cup once a week and it's some nasty junk in it. I'd go with the 150 and not look back. I ran mine in vinegar for about 2 days, stuck it in my sump and it maybe overflowed for a day until I dialed it in. I haven't messed with it once since I started running it.

Back