very hurt fish

fishgardener

Market
Reaction score
I have two hurt fish. The first one was my new Coris Wrasse who came out Friday morning with two red looking marks on his side halfway between his gills and tail. The marks appeared to be under the surface, not missing scales. I am treating him with garlic, Focus, KanaPlex and Metronidazole to cover internal and external infection. Now a few minutes ago my firefish has a bloody area on hid pectoral fin where it attaches to the body. I don't have a mantis shrimp that I am aware of( no clicking in tank), no fish have gone mysteriously missing and no new coral or rock have been added lately. I am perplexed. When it was just the Coris, I thought maybe he hurt himself diving into the sand, but the firefish with a wound is too much of a coincidence.
The fish do not seem to be fighting at all. I like a peaceful tank and buy fish accordingly. In the tank now are Regular firefish, purple firefish, small blue tang, starry blenny, royal gramma, and the coris wrasse
Any idea what is going on?
Sheryle

Pictures? Sometimes diseases manifest themselves in ways that look like injuries, but are really infections or something.

I have a small hitch hiker crab in the tank. I have found his shed shell from time to time, but he is small. Maybe 3/4 of an inch. How do I catch him if he is the problem? I will try to get some pictures up.
Sheryle

Try at night with a piece of shrimp in a net or cut the top of a coke bottle off, flip the top inside the bottle and put the shrimp in there to attract it.

he Coris wrasse is almost better. The firefish looks much beter also, but where his pectoral fin meets the body is still quite red. I'm going to try the trap tonight. Life has been hectic the last few days

Sheryle

Both fish look good as new! I am so relieved.:yay: I was so worried about them. I hate fish getting hurt or sick. I feel so helpless sometimes. Thanks for everyones advice.

Sheryle

I know it seems every time I add a new fish after the first night they come out a little banged up, either from bumping rocks or getting picked on the first night.

My roommate said it's "blood in, blood out" like a gang, lol.

Back