Very unusual bubble tip behavior

mapleredta

Market
Reaction score
So for the last two weeks or so now, the larger split (split about two months ago) will walk when the lights are off within a reasonable distance from its clone, but shortly after the lights come on, the clones are back touching one another. I know very little is truly known about BTA's, but I just found this behavior extremely fascinating. Has anybody ever experienced something similar?

So for the last two weeks or so now, the larger split (split about two months ago) will walk when the lights are off within a reasonable distance from its clone, but shortly after the lights come on, the clones are back touching one another. I know very little is truly known about BTA's, but I just found this behavior extremely fascinating. Has anybody ever experienced something similar?
He's just looking for a place he can sink his foot and be happy. Other than making sure they can't get sucked into powerheads or sting corals, I wouldn't sweat that.

I had a massive RBTA that would refuse to split but eventually did, after it had split multiple times it would do the same thing. At night it would wreak havoc and wonder a few inches from home but would always come back. Used to set up a camera to record it overnight.

Back