Vodka

patrick214

Market
Reaction score
After some serious problems in my tank i received a number of recomendations to dose a carbon source to my tank to consume nitrates. I was curious if any of you knew the specifics as to how much i should dose to begin with and continuing from there. I dont want to mess anything up more than it is since my fish actually seem alot better today so id like to do it right. I bought some grey goose tonight for the dumb fish and im just curious how i should go about doing it, If any of you have experience with this method i'd really appreciate it. thanks again everyone.

I have dosed vodka and had some results with lower po4 levels but all my sps started to get very pale. So I have backed off and added a diy nitrate reactor. This method is not proven, some say that it works great, others say that it can unbalance you water. If you do anything go slow, the idea is to raise the amount of good bactiera in your system but if it is done to fast it can rob all the O2 from the water and kill your fish. So go slow.

Yea i know the 02 concerns, and i actually have a no3 reactor myself that is actually part of my problems lol, but im looking more for the specifics of how much to dose and what not. like how many ml per gallons of water to start and going from there.

Here

a>

man your fish are high class with the grey goose, just go ahead and buy them some chrystal and don parion too

dustinP74;177264 wrote: man your fish are high class with the grey goose, just go ahead and buy them some chrystal and don parion too
I don't know what fishes are going to do with Chrystal, but Cristal champagne might have them feeling frisky.

I have read a little about dosing vodka. If you do it is a very small amount 5 - 10 ml per 200 gallons.

Just my two pennies. :D

LiveRock27;177267 wrote: I don't know what fishes are going to do with Chrystal, but Cristal champagne might have them feeling frisky.
you know what i meant, i just woke up so i was trying to type while half asleep

From what i have read it is more like .1 ml per 100 liters to start putting me at about .8ml. So Dustin, the fish can have 1ml of my 750 of grey goose and ill enjoy the rest instead of having some bostons lying around. ill leave the champagne dosing up to you. let me know how it goes.

Back