Vortech MP20 on a 28g NanoCube?

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
Thinking about taking the plunge on one of these. Quite pricey for such a small tank, but figure it is the best option for generating truly random flow through the whole tank. And if/when I upgrade to something slightly bigger it will work there too.

Anyone think it's too big for this tank? Any foreseeable problems? I think the power is pretty tuneable, so I should be able to dial down/up as needed.

Thanks in advance,

No more rediculous than the deltec MCE300, lol. I have both the deltec and a vortec on my 34 gallon and it's perfect. I don't think you'll have any problems at all.

MvM;279828 wrote: No more rediculous than the deltec MCE300, lol. I have both the deltec and a vortec on my 34 gallon and it's perfect. I don't think you'll have any problems at all.

You have a point.....:D.

well you can dial them down quite a bit, so I think you'll be fine

I would go with the MP40 so it will be useful later when you upgrade to a larger tank. You can dial it all the way down if need be for your nano. I have one on my 90g and it's the best purchase I ever made for my tank.

I used to run a Koralia 3 and Koralia 2 together in a 25g tank. That's 1450 gph. So even a dialed down MP40 isn't too much in a 28. Remember that they also have a pulse mode, so while it might be set to a high gph setting, the pulsing action means that your continuous flow isn't that intense.

The MP40 they had on a fairly small tank at MACNA didn't seem overpowered.

Thanks everybody.

I guess now I just have to go seek out the best price on one of these.

I think I will stick to the MP20 since if I do get a bigger tank it would only be a 40g or so, unless I move to a house with a basement which won't happen for a long while.

I have an MP20 that is possibly for sale with minimal use if your interested, PM me.

I just bought me the MP40w for my Solana and like it a lot. I figure when I upgrade it will def be worth the little extra money I spent for it... But if you just want the MP20 and have no use for the 40w then go for it, mine is definite overkill.

How do you like that Deltec?

thedeper;279975 wrote: I just bought me the MP40w for my Solana and like it a lot. I figure when I upgrade it will def be worth the little extra money I spent for it... But if you just want the MP20 and have no use for the 40w then go for it, mine is definite overkill.

How do you like that Deltec?

The Deltec is running pretty good. It is very quiet. I did expect it to be pulling a little more skimmate based on photos I have seen on other boards, but overall I am happy with it.

You an buy an MP20 now, and if you need more flow later you can upgrade the MP20 to an MP40 thru a purchase from EcoTech.

Acroholic;280178 wrote: You an buy an MP20 now, and if you need more flow later you can upgrade the MP20 to an MP40 thru a purchase from EcoTech.

And $150

rostato;280301 wrote: And $150

The MP40 costs $120 more than the MP20 anyways. Your cost for not overpaying for capacity in an MP40 you may never need is $30. If you buy an MP40 and never need more than an MP20, you have wasted $120.

Back