Vortech Mp40's Question

saltbubbles

Market
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy the only back plastic to the wet side? The one that holds the magnet and propeller.

It seems like the black part had something to hold the white part in place and keep it from coming out. Ecotech Marine sells the whole wet part not the plastic. AKA $80

Anyone have any ideas?

Our only idea is to place a really thin plastic washer in between the white round part and the small black ring

Or we could just glue the white part to the black back?

Attachments

• 20190617_180233.jpg
    20190617_180233.jpg
    906.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190617_180116.jpg
    20190617_180116.jpg
    729.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190617_180001.jpg
    20190617_180001.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
Ecotech used to sell rebuild kits for these but they haven't done that for years. Too much money in selling the compete wet sides I suppose. That being said, I've rebuilt a few over the years and always keep the old parts. I have one that you can have but it might not be worth the trouble of coming all the way to Stone Mtn for it. I guess I could put it in the mail? It's nothing more than a clear plastic washer that 0.5mm thick and with an I.D. of 4mm and O.D. of 11mm.

When I did finally break down and buy a new wet side, I wish I had done it sooner. I used to spend a lot of time fine tuning the exact placement so it wouldn't rattle and the newer Quiet Drive wet side really is, well, quiet. I didn't have to fool with it at all to eliminate the standard rattle.

Thank you! Shoot, the measurements are a lot of help. Thank you for the offer to mail it but that's a lot of trouble and you may need it later. You've answered my question (A small washer will fix the problem)

Rit at atlanta aquariums may have one in stock

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This may be the case. The only rebuild kits I've seen in the past year were old inventory at a LFS. Or they may have a mess of spare parts for the in-house powerheads. If you can't find one, just let me know.

This may be the case. The only rebuild kits I've seen in the past year were old inventory at a LFS. Or they may have a mess of spare parts for the in-house powerheads. If you can't find one, just let me know.

Ok.Thanks a lot

Back