VorTech MP40w Generation 2: mode question

thanhreef

Market
Reaction score
I just installed a brand new VorTech MP40w Generation 2. I like Langoonal Random Mode. What is the best operational mode for reef tank?

thanks,
thanh

I would say reef crest or wave mode. Lagoon just doesn't have enough power for my taste.

I agree that it is personal taste, but some of it has to do with what size tank and what you are keeping. I have a 120G, mostly softie and LPS, with an MP40 at each end set up as master and slave in Random Lagoon Mode. If I had a lot of SPS I would probably go with Reef Crest.

thank you. I am still playing with those operational modes. I replaced three turnzes (2 of 6045, 1 of 6025) with this vortech. I love it

I like reef crest (yellow) but I have lots of SPS. I would actually like to do wave mode, but my rocks/tank dimentions seem to not cater to that. I just cant get a good wave going.

I am thinking about building a wavebox to play with.

vista;278516 wrote: I just installed a brand new VorTech MP40w Generation 2. I like Langoonal Random Mode. What is the best operational mode for reef tank?

thanks,
thanh

Hey thanh,
Did you get in on the R2R group buy? pretty sweet, huh? I like mine. I'll have a tank to put it in this week sometime!
Dave

I've always used the blue pulsing mode for wave generation. Derek hooked me up with gen2 software and it rocks. Love having the setting save... :)

Back