Vortech MP40w -- What's their range?

rededge2k1

Supporting
Reaction score
I ordered a 2nd MP40w this morning to act as a slave to my current MP40w pump. I know the manufacturer's website says the two pumps can be up to 20' apart from each other and still receive signal *if* there is a direct line of sight between the two pumps.

In my stand I have two side cabinets next to the sump (one on each side) and my current driver is located in the left cabinet. I hope to place the new driver in the right cabinet. This would put the two drivers about 5' from each other, seperated by two 3/4" oak plywood panels. Also, the current driver is surrounded by electrical outlets, ACJr, DC8, etc etc that is probably providing a good deal of electromagnetic interference.

Anyone have any input as to whether or not I can expect the two pumps to communicate in this configuration?

Thanks-
Dustin

MP40wsetup.jpg
alt="" />

I have mine in direct sight, about 6 feet, and still occasionally have communication issues (on sleep and feed)

the cable may reach the other side, or close to it. Can you relocate the controllers so they're closer to each other?

Skriz;357816 wrote: Can you relocate the controllers so they're closer to each other?

I guess I could, but I was trying to avoid doing that because my left cabinet (the "electrical cabinet" as I call it) is packed full of switches, GFCI outlets, ACJr, MP40w driver, etc. and is already full of wires. Even though it's organized it's still packed full and I was hoping to put this driver on the opposite side.

Anybody know the length of the power cord (going from the driver to the pump)? From Jeremy's response it sounds like I might not have a choice but to put them in the same cabinet.

Thanks-
Dustin

If someone doesn't cover this, I'll measure the cord when I get home.

If it'll reach, instead of putting the controllers on the left side, can you put both on the right side?

Skriz;357907 wrote: If someone doesn't cover this, I'll measure the cord when I get home.

If it'll reach, instead of putting the controllers on the left side, can you put both on the right side?

As long as the cord is long enough I could...I'll just have to find a way to fit another driver in my electrical cabinet

Skriz measured and confirmed the cord length (driver to pump) is 95". That's almost 8' so it should be plenty long enough for me to put both drivers on one side of the cabinet.

Thanks!

Back