Vortech placement

atlorange

Supporting
Reaction score
Anyone running vortechs on back wall? I have always ran them at either end, but thinking of going back wall with new tank? What have been your results?

I have mine on the back wall but it's a cube lol. When I go back to a rectangle vs a cube I plan on having 40's on the ends with 10's on the back.

best results would be across the long end of the tank unless you have multiple power heads to add one to the back.
back to front would be the short water flow and would have to be turned up to compensate for water flow on the sides which might be to strong for the short distance.

MYREEFCLUB0070;1024675 wrote: best results would be across the long end of the tank unless you have multiple power heads to add one to the back.
back to front would be the short water flow and would have to be turned up to compensate for water flow on the sides which might be to strong for the short distance.
Yep, I have always ran long ways. Definitely better. I got the QD MP40. Might see if I can get away with one and maybe an mp10 on the back for any deadspots.

Back