Vortech Woes...

ghbrewer

Market
Reaction score
K, I am about at wits end with my MP40's. They keep loosing connection with WXM and turning off. I have removed, reprogrammed, and reconnected them more times than I can count. I am wondering if maybe the drivers are getting too hot or are going bad, or if my WXM is having issues.

In Fusion one of the pumps goes missing, the other says it is working, yet both pump drivers are powered down...

1032530=61632-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431527705.241200.jpg
>
1032530=61632-ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431527705.241200.jpg
class="gc-images" title="ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431527705.241200.jpg[/IMG] style="max-width:400px" /></a>

could there be some interference? a friend of mine had a problem with his radions changing color and intensity on a regular basis, he checked the programming, did a few factory resets and kept having the same issue and when he called ecotech they told him that the ecosmart wireless chip runs on the 802.11 bandwidth which is also what wifi and some other types of wireless run on, so ecotech got on his computer and turned off the wireless on his radions and he didnt have anymore problems after that. now obviously turning the wireless functionality off wont help in your case but you might be able to find what (if anything) is causing the interference and deal with it.

Hmmm we had one kinda similar problem to this. We ended up swapping out the wxm and it worked. I'd have to ask my technician what the actually issue was that we had.

I have been suspecting it is the WXM, I will disconnect it tonight and run the pumps via ESL to see if they have any problems. It may be a while b4 I know, as when I can do get them working via WXM they will run fine for weeks at a time and then all of a sudden stop.

Now that I think about it, I do not remember if I properly updated the firmware on the WXM module. I am going to try this tonight...

Unplug your WXm from the aquabus
Configuration &gt; Module Setup
Choose your WXM module from the drop down list.
Click the update firmware radio button.
Click the submit module change.
Plug the WXM into the aquabus
Wait 10 seconds, if you do not see that the module is being updated at the bottom of the screen, then remove from the AquaBus and plug it back in.

If you still do not see any progression, then try removing from the AquaBus an additional time.

If you see updating firmware progression, then more than likely, your EB8 will turn green shortly.

Hey Grant,
keep me posted on this matter. I was planning on getting wxm myself instead of reef link. I was told reef link easily loses connection and need to be reset as well.

What I've noticed with APEX controllers is that when they work correctly, they are great. But when they don't... well...

So far, it's been my experience that the APEX parts have been the most common culprit when things aren't working correctly.

The good news is that their tech support guys are usually really good! Have you tried talking with the folks at Neptune Systems?

This is a major problem (Neptune forum) when your FW isn't current.
Don't forget to reboot when your done!

I've had zero issues since instal of WXM, love it!

Well, I reset the Vortech pumps and have been running them without the WXM module for a week with no problems. So, definitely looks like it is an issue with the WXM. I am going to update the firmware and give it another go b4 I contact Neptune.

Back