Votech question

ouling

Market
Reaction score
<span style="color: black;">I am thinking about getting a Vortech pump for a 24 X 24 X 12'' tank. My question is: Will the Vortech create oscillating waves if one pump was used? Gin and I was talking about this and I believe this may be possible due to the short length of the tank. One wave could bounce off the glass right when another one is originating.</span>
<span style="color: black;"> </span>
<span style="color: black;">What do you guys think?</span>

No, I dont think so. The problem with the vortech is that it is pre-programmed to automatically vary the pulses, and only has 4 programs to choose from. As far as I know, there is no manual programming you could do with that type of PH without rewiring/modding it. Basically, it will be impossible to time it correctly with any program it uses (even the full on progran, since you could only control this by cutting power, but since the Vortech is computerized, it will not work well this way as it has to "reboot"). Better off with a mag as Charlie stated or some other type of pump that starts/stops reliably. Good idea though.

Hold off and come to MACNA in September. The owners/designers/engineers for Vortec will be there, and you can ask yourself and hear it from the horses mouth.

True, if you can wait that would be ideal.

But another note,honestly, for what a vortech costs, you'd probably do much better with a different pump.

Are you gonna be running any sand in the tank?

The new Gen2 driver for the Vortech has a long pulse mode that is adjustable so I would think you would be able to tune the pulses to do what you want. Ecotech Marine has a forum on ReefCentral and they are really good at responding to questions like this.

Back