Want Opinions about Planet Aquarium tanks

sharis100

Supporting
Reaction score
We are replacing our destroyed DTs in our kitchen. Does anyone have opinions about Planet Aquarium tanks versus a Waterbox? The sump will be in the basement, so it is only the display and stand in kitchen. Do you like the brand, complaints, etc.? Their non- eurobraced displays seem very expensive, so wondering about quality etc.... thanks in advance.

Pretty sure that’s the brand tank that we just picked up here at Macna.

Beautiful and very well put together!

The guy that built it (or could’ve been the stand builder) was actually there and super helpful and very nice!

Attachments

• 17EE0F88-7DD0-4D78-8879-07B1E1DFD916.jpeg
    17EE0F88-7DD0-4D78-8879-07B1E1DFD916.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 34
Pretty sure that’s the brand tank that we just picked up here at Macna.

Beautiful and very well put together!

The guy that built it (or could’ve been the stand builder) was actually there and super helpful and very nice!
Bro that was you that got that, what was the price I don't know if anyone guessed it. Thats a beautiful set up.

It was! For everything and all the extras that we got, it ended up being 3700

But that was with two full apexes, a trident, all the stuff you may or may not be able to see in the picture LOL! Everything except for the fish and the coral

I think it was a pretty exceptional deal. I did not even charge him for my negotiating skills

It was! For everything and all the extras that we got, it ended up being 3700

But that was with two full apexes, a trident, all the stuff you may or may not be able to see in the picture LOL! Everything except for the fish and the coral

I think it was a pretty exceptional deal. I did not even charge him for my negotiating skills
That's a hell of a deal to me, congratulations bro! What are your plans for it mix reef or fowlr? Either way I look forward to seeing it up and running.

That's a hell of a deal to me, congratulations bro! What are your plans for it mix reef or fowlr? Either way I look forward to seeing it up and running.
Not my plans LOL! My teen bought it :) I just negotiated for him LOL

I can’t remember if he still has an account on here, but he’ll definitely start being more active now.

He is definitely thinking Reef and likes Corals much more than fish

It is a lot of dough, and I told him that, but I did think it was a pretty good deal.

My 85 is a Planet aquarium tank. Good customer service and build quality. It’s my first low iron glass tank and I have found it to be easy to scratch. I just use the scrapper side of the flipper now and that seems to have resolved it.

Waterbox apparently won’t have white stands and their larger peninsula until early next year maybe, so leaning towards the Planet Aquarium.

Back