Was all excited about my new RO until....

treyeleven

Market
Reaction score
On friday I received my purewaterclub RO. 6 stage 100 gpd with an extra everything. So I was excited until I opened the RO- no membrane. :doh:WTF? Has anyone else had this type of experience with Cost Reef?

Nope... that is crap... I do not see why they would sell an RO with no membrane.

It was on Friday and I have emailed and called. I will give them a chance to make it good, but I have a feeling that someone at PWC took it out.

When I got mine from them it had a broken fitting and they made it good. They sent me 2 just in case. Give them time to contact you.

Got my 6 stage on Friday too. The RO membrane is packed loose in the box... it's the blue cylinder in case you missed it.

I got mine from them in three separate shipments over the course of 2 weeks. First came the unit (membrane packed loose), second came my RO drinking water tank, and third came the faucet for the second output. All my fitting leaked and the directions are terrible! Oh well, it was inexpensive and I figured it out eventually. "David" from their website lives in Korea so don't and would often times take a week to get back to me (even then at like 3 or 4 am). Good luck!

elFloyd;321105 wrote: Got my 6 stage on Friday too. The RO membrane is packed loose in the box... it's the blue cylinder in case you missed it.

lol. They did send me an extra DI chamber....

yeah, Mine was packed loose as well...agree that the instructions are HORRIBLE! , but was pretty self-explanatory. One fitting did leak, but for the price, was a small incident that was worth it to me...

I like how the instructions mention using the RO water to mix with your SCOTCH!! :lol:

Membrane packed loose in mine to. Contact them. They will definitely make it right. Got a float valve that was supposed to be in the same shipment as the rodi, but wasn't. Recieved it 2 days after contacting and they had thrown in extra tubing and fittings. Good company. They know alot of ARC people are ordering these so don't forget to mention you are a member to them

Sweet,

i might need to go that route too then - I was scared of buying cheap = buying twice...

I ordered a 6 stage from them and they sent me extra membranes..extra tubing. They are pretty good to work with.

For those that have ordered from them... what is the delay time between submitting an order, and shipping? I ordered early yesterday, but my order is still in 'Pending' status.

NotiReef;322511 wrote: I ordered a 6 stage from them and they sent me extra membranes..extra tubing. They are pretty good to work with.

Noti- how long did you get yours? They might have put mine in someone elses order.

I really scrounged the money for this thing in the first place and I'm still hauling jugs.

I bought mine in Jan :)
I know what you mean about hauling jugs....it a PITA. I am sure they will correct it......i have never had an issue with their cust. service.

ahhh... feels so nice to come home to 50g's of fresh everyday. I finally received my RO membrane. You guys were right about David- he was very courteous and promptly rectified the situation. I thoroughly tightened all the fittings before filling and only the intake on the RO chamber leaked and I fixed that with some teflon tape. Overall I am VERY pleased with my $98 dollar investment.

texhorns98;321121 wrote: I like how the instructions mention using the RO water to mix with your SCOTCH!! :lol:

That's funny. But if you're going to risk ruining a good scotch by adding water, you might as well do it right using mineral water from Scotland to achieve anything close to what you the distillers would want you to.

innerview.asp

Back