Water change?

steve

Market
Reaction score
Tanks been up since last March, and this year just haven't had the time for it. I only tested it probably twice this year, and only done one waterchange and that was in February. I tested my water this morning and using a Seachem/Salifert test kits:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:0
pH: 8.3
Alk: 10
Ca: 400

Should I just go ahead and do one? Or leave it alone?

I would. Even when my tests are reading good i change 10% a week. You just don't don't know what other elements are depleted in the water that we don't or can't test for. Plus the Phosphates and Nitrates can slowly build up over time and bite you.

It always is a good thing in moderation. In my planted everything is of course at zero, but my plants, fish, corals and coraline show appreciation in coloration and growth.
You know I was just kidding about the old avatar pic right?

tgray3;357286 wrote: I would. Even when my tests are reading good i change 10% a week. You just don't don't know what other elements are depleted in the water that we don't or can't test for. Plus the Phosphates and Nitrates can slowly build up over time and bite you.

+1

The bigger picture of why we do water changes

That nem isn't in my tank. Maybe I'll do one... gotta find the time...

tgray3;357286 wrote: i would. Even when my tests are reading good i change 10% a week. You just don't don't know what other elements are depleted in the water that we don't or can't test for. Plus the phosphates and nitrates can slowly build up over time and bite you.
+1

Back