Water evaporation!

william1

Market
Reaction score
So how much water evaporation is everyone having these days. I am evaporating 1 1/2 gallons a day from my 90 gallon. So I was wondering how much everyone is going thru with all the heat, and fans running.

My ATO runs water from my 5 gallon res. tank so I add water to it every other day. My apartment wont allow me to run RO water lines through the house.

Keep em comin guys and gals. Imagine the amount of water if we could tally up everyone usage. I know there are a few people using at least 3 or 4 a day.

About a shot glass full of water on my 3 gallon. But water changes are every week.

Mines about 1-2 a day aswell. I have a 90g too but no ATO. =( Its on my list just not necessary atm. =)

I had so many problems when I first started where I was at work for 12 hrs and when I got home the tank was blowing so many bubbles. HAHAHA I just had to.

Barbara;205639 wrote: I was evaporating 1-2G a day when I just had the 90 + 29G sump. Once I plumbed the 20G frag tank into the system, with it's own separate Mag 5 return, now I'm up to 3-3.5G a day.
WOW thats alot of replacing filters is gonna cost ya.. Wait what am I talking about? my frag tank will be done soon too and Ill be right with ya.:doh: :D

With my lights off(trying to smother some algae) I lose about a gallon a day... lights on.. Were talking 2.5 to 3 a day.. Even with a chiller. 180 with a sad little 20gal sump..( got a 55 for it, but haven't swapped yet)

I would guess about 1.5 a day. 65G with 30G sump, would guess about 80G ttl water vol. I also have 2 175w halides under the hood. I run two fans to keep the water temp at 78-80.

Back