Water Testing

lsu_fishfan

Market
Reaction score
What parameters does everyone test for, and how often are you testing?

I test salinity, calcium, alkalinity, magnesium, and nitrate about once a week, and I will also test if something in the tank looks off.

LSU_fishFan;1068933 wrote: What parameters does everyone test for, and how often are you testing?

I test salinity, calcium, alkalinity, magnesium, and nitrate about once a week, and I will also test if something in the tank looks off.

Cal,mag,alk,phos, twice a week

LSU_fishFan;1068933 wrote: What parameters does everyone test for, and how often are you testing?

I test all the same weekly with the addition of phosphates

About once a week: nitrate (Red Sea), phosphate (Red Sea), calcium (time to get a new one), alkalinity (API, I have an egg, but API is so much faster and I can tell quickly if I have a problem). I test mag when I am having issues.

All tanks, fresh or salt (except for specific gravity, for marine or brackish only, of course):

pH
Ammonia (in new tanks or if a problem is suspected).
Nitrite (in new tanks or if a problem is suspected).
Nitrate
Specific Gravity
Temperature.

Reef tanks:

Alkalinity
Phosphate
Calcium
Magnesium

The first set is the most important. The second set doesn't matter if the first set is crap.

Jenn

Back