Water

kirru

Market
Reaction score
Ok, so I've seen threads commenting on the water from say Publixs or Walmart or wherever. Well I was wanting to know how many people use water from there.

I'm about ready to put water in the tank but can't afford a RO/DI unit right now and could dunk $40-$60 in RO/DI saltwater mix. I don't have a TDS meter so I couldn't test for that.

Anyway, any input or suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

I used water from a glacier water dispenser back when I lived in Valdosta and had a well. I would have been changing RO filters everytime I made water with how nasty the well water was.

It seemed to do the trick, but I didnt have a TDS meter, and didnt keep corals then.

On the dispenser it saifd that it RO's the water, cleaned it with UV, and carbon, and the maintenance sticker was always updated. Hope that helps...

I use the glacier water in front of Harvey's for the restaurant tank in Valdosta and it is checked every 30 days according check date on the screen and seems fine according to my meter on my ro at the house. Not bad either for 1.50 per 5gal.

Ok, cool so it seems like its pretty effective and not that bad of water. I probably will try that then switch to RO/DI after I can get a unit.

And they are quick in a pinch. 5gal in 60sec rather than 5 an hour.

Back