Wave maker

fishlips

Market
Reaction score
Another upgrade. I have 2 RW 8s and 2 Koralias , Want to upgrade . Its a standard 120. What do you recommend.

What do you want out of your upgrade? I'd say you have plenty of circulation with those for a 120.

I believe I got dead spots.At one point, I had 4 Koralias and 2 RW8s. It looked terrible. Really would only want 2 powerheads in tank.

It's hard to beat the MP40 quiet drives.
That being said the gyres are also excellent IMO, but they are best for an open flow area where as the mp40 works best IMO in a bit more of a directional capacity.
Both good pumps

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

I love the Jeabo RW's, I have 3 RW8's on a 75g SPS tank. I'd suggest 2-3 RW15's (if using 3 have 2 at oppotite ends and centrally located in back pointed toward the front of the tank).

Would both be good. Could I get. buy with the mp on one end and the cures on the other side.Or 2 mp40

dball711;1094248 wrote: I love the Jeabo RW's, I have 3 RW8's on a 75g SPS tank. I'd suggest 2-3 RW15's (if using 3 have 2 at oppotite ends and centrally located in back pointed toward the front of the tank).

How high do you have them turned up???

Danh;1094262 wrote: How high do you have them turned up???

At 50% and I'm using the first selection for the mode. I bounce between the 1st & 2nd mode, the 2nd mode stirs up anything settled on rocks or bottom (running are bottom).

Well, I was hoping someone would tell me to get the mp 40 Q D.
But I guess alot of you like the RWs. Tomorrow I will order something, unless one of are sponsors chime in.
I want to hurry on this, got another upgrade want to start.

It all really depends on how much you want to spend...if you can afford them the MP 40's are really nice. I think the RW's do a pretty good job and I have a lot of money left for corals.

dball711;1094354 wrote: It all really depends on how much you want to spend...if you can afford them the MP 40's are really nice. I think the RW's do a pretty good job and I have a lot of money left for corals.
Got to go with Dave on this. Mp40s are nice, however I like the options with the rw. Not just one direction on them, easy to clean, and cheap to replace if they fail. Plus the rw pumps really move some water.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Man, You guys are a good. So there we have it. 2 RW 15 s we will order.
Thanks.
Maybe later we will discuss some of the best settings on those.

Fishlips;1094372 wrote: Man, You guys are a good. So there we have it. 2 RW 15 s we will order.
Thanks.
Maybe later we will discuss some of the best settings on those.

Best settings will be the ones that for best for you. These pumps have a pretty decent dance of options including a random option. Best is to play around with the settings to see what is best on your set up.

Thanks, have 2 RW 8s been running for 2 yrs, I just picked a setting , and watched the corals grow.
Found the new RW 15s for 69.00 shipped to door.Bought 2.

Will have to check when I get home.It was online. Had to buy apair to get that price.

Back