wavemaker suggested?

jade76

Market
Reaction score
does anyone have any suggestions for a wavemaker plugs? I was looking to buy the ocean runner wavemaker box. Will a modded MJ across the tank from a koralia work on this ?

koralia's are GREAT!! But won't work on a wavemaker--the tunze boxes are pretty impressive, too

what wavemaker can one put koralias on? ....... that doesnt cost over 100?

no--I wouldn't put the koralia's on a wave maker timer thing--the koralia 4's are like $50--they put out like 1200 GPH.---I've got 2 in my 135 and LOVE them--compared to a maxijet

ok so a really novice question, but does the koralia blowing in the same direction all the time give as well as two opposing current patterns? will I get the "back and forth" effect?

Put whatever flow you can...your corals will do fine.

We TRY and simulate nature, but we all fail pretty badly. I'd hate to say that we even come close. Good thing is, corals and fish seems to "adapt" to their surroundings and do well with what we give them.

You just want sufficient flow...the "wave" is kinda cool looking but I dont think we give enough credit to the corals for the way they adapt to surroundings...Doh...What Skriz said lol

The nice thing about a back and forth flow is corals will grow more uniformly or at least that is how I understand it. Problem is getting that kind of flow isn't easy.

hey would putting these jets across from each other and then alternating them on a timer of like 1 hour each help? or would the constant change of flow stress the corals?

Back