We’ve got a jumper

Jeremey’s reef

Reaction score
So yesterday as I introduced some new frags my solar fairy wrasse jumped out of my tank and landed on the floor. I was fortunate enough to be able to witness this and save the fish. Does anyone have any experience with this particular wrasse?

I talked to @ActiveAngel about getting more fish and wrasses came up. He told me that basically fish that are torpedo shaped can be jumpers. But all fish can be jumpers if spooked. I had a goby jump from my old 40gal AIO. But unfortunately it was at night and didn't find him until it was to late.

I have two wrasse fish a yellow coris and the solar fairy, they have both been in the tank for several months. I have seen the yellow coris being a butthole towards the solar fairy so my guess is that this is what caused him to jump

With wrasse, it’s not a matter of if they’ll jump... it’s a matter of when. There’s some good diy screen kits out there starting around $30 depending on your tank dimensions. Good insurance if you’ve got known jumpers.

D

With wrasse, it’s not a matter of if they’ll jump... it’s a matter of when. There’s some good diy screen kits out there starting around $30 depending on your tank dimensions. Good insurance if you’ve got known jumpers.

D
Add all fish will jump its a matter of time, some just don't like you in there space!!

I got a 4.5 inch foxface that goes ballistic when my hands is the tank vacuuming or scraping algae, cant tell you how many times a lid/screen has saved my fish after loosing a few that were not suppose to be jumpers!

Back