WEAK Gyre

snowmansnow

Market
Reaction score
what would cause my gyre to be weak?
i remember when i first got it it would blow water out of the tank. now it sits about3 inches under the surface and its just kinda "meh" on full power constant flow. This is the bigger gyre... not the small one.

its fairly clean...
drawing a blank here

You have to take it all the way apart. Mine would do that and I had to take a toothbrush and clean the ridges

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sorry this in the wrong forum.
I HAVE taken it apart multiple times...

Ok. That was what caused the issue with mine. If it doesn't get put back together just so, it won't work either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

+1. I put one of the cages on backward after cleaning and had low flow. Replaced it correctly and it worked fine.

Carlos (coralvue) updated his gyre videos (he does a better job explaining the troubleshooting). I just had the same problem and I had everything backwards. Also if you take both cages off (leave the rotors on) with the gyre name in top. The edges of the blades on the rotors should face you on both sides. You should be able to rotate them on one side and the other side freely mirrors it. If it doesn't your inserts on the rotor are stripped. Hope this helps.

Back