Weird chalice question!

ripped tide

Market
Reaction score
I have a mini colony of Bubble Gum Monster that I got it back in march from a fellow member as one eye, (which now has 6) that recently "shed" an eye!

Shed is the best way i can what happened, i was curious if this has happened to any one else:

The chalice was knocked down and was stung on the corner by my Duncans coral. I noticed this pretty quickly and removed the BGM and replaced it. It seemed as no harm had been done. The next day, on the completely opposite side from where it was stung, the original eye was missing! There was a stream of mucus coming from the newly bare skeleton. I figured that this was the beginning of the end of the BGM and that it would start melting from there.

Instead of chopping the bad area off, or creating a super glue patch, i watched and waited. The second day, the mucus had cleared and pure skeleton and guts were exposed.

On the third day, a completely new eye had grown over night. Later that evening it was feeding again, and two days later it sprouted another eye.

Corals do weird things. Has this happened to anyone else???

It's Growing like crazy! The other day at your place, i only had five. That night, this whole ordeal happen.

Believe me, if i could, i would buy all of your chalice. They are bad ***! I think everyone is hurting for cash right now. Cause 4 months ago, all of your chalice for sale would be gone on the same day.

I will. Saw one today. I'm a bit afraid to do the dip again due to it losing all of its green. The polyps are still extending and the blue is still strong.

Back