weird purple tubes?

dylanwright826

Market
Reaction score
i have these weird purple tubes growing on my rocks. i dont see any on any of the glass, sand, power heads, or plumbing. they are dark purple tubes that almost look curled at the base, and have a tube the comes out from the middle. and ideas on what this might be? i havent been able to find them on any websites or hitchhikers guides.

welcome to the ARC neighbor.
if you can post a picture we might be able to help.
how old is the tank?

ill try to figure out how to post a picture... and thank you for the warm welcome..im brand new to afc and very new to the salt water hobby. the tank isnt old by any means...still infant per say. maybe 2 months? i used all live sand and a few dozen lbs of live rock few dozen lbs of base rock. its really come to life in the past week.

well if you ever need any help figuring stuff out, i'm close by and would be willing to help.
feel free to stop in here at any point, we love company.
i'll keep and eye out for the pictures.

oh i have lots of questions hahah. but heres those pictures for now
<fieldset class="gc-fieldset">
<legend> Attached files </legend>
1065841=65779-purple worm 1.png
>
1065841=65779-purple worm 1.png
class="gc-images" title="purple worm 1.png[/IMG] style="max-width:300px" /></a> </fieldset>

would Vermetidae snails crawl around?

these have sprouted and not moved 1 inch..been in the same spot since they sprouted

Hey Dylan, can you get a clearer pic?
I'm not sure of the rules of ARC but you have not joined as a member, only registered. For a max of $30 a year (depending on age, student...). I'm positive you will not have a problem uploading as many pictures as you like. I use photo bucket but there are many other photo type apps.
You will also get many other benefits such as 10% off anything you purchase from our sponsors (see sponsors above).
Read up on membership above, many don't realize that they didn't actually join as a member.

Meh they are harmless I have some too;) they will put out a sweeper tentacle at night about the diameter of a thin hair . Never had a problem w the personally

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Yeah, I looked into it...I'm trying it out first..depending on how much I actually get on for the next week, I'll pay membership fees

SnowManSnow;1065857 wrote: Meh they are harmless I have some too;) they will put out a sweeper tentacle at night about the diameter of a thin hair . Never had a problem w the personally

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Have you been able to put a name on them?
I'm just really intersted

dylanwright826;1065863 wrote: Yaaay...just Google that and that's definitely them..THANKS A MILLION!

NP, you're in woodstock which is pretty close to me compared to a lot of the other members. Let me know if you need anything

Will do, I appreciate it..
I just tested my water again.
Ammonia 0.15 ppm
Nitrite 0.05 ppm
Nitrates 0-5 ppm
Ph 8.2

Think all that is ok?

dylanwright826;1065871 wrote: Will do, I appreciate it..
I just tested my water again.
Ammonia 0.15 ppm
Nitrite 0.05 ppm
Nitrates 0-5 ppm
Ph 8.2

Think all that is ok?

How long has your tank been up? Looks like you're still in the cycle. You want your ammonia to be 0, nitrite 0 (although marine fish can be fine with high nitrite) and nitrates sub 20. Of course if you just started the tank those params are fine

Well, it's been up for a month, month and a half. 40 plus lbs of live sand, 25 lbs of live rock and 25 lbs of base rock, 1 bottle of 55gallon bio spira

Interesting... I'm no expert on chemistry so I'll let someone else chime in. You could probably do a water change and all your parameters might fall in line

Just did one 2 days ago...its probably just at the end of a cycle or something. I'll test again in a day or two

Back