Weird tds reading?

jamos5790

Supporting
Reaction score
What's your tap water tds reading?
I just got a meter and ro system the other day cause hauling water from lfs got old.

I was thinking normal tap water sold be@200-500.

So I was surprised when I tested mine for a reading of 41.

65f2652d0d259ee98ceed6f11a13235e.jpg
alt="" />

But here is a reading of my ro.
005d88dfcab7612c5a615a6ded3ac10b.jpg
alt="" />

The bottled water we buy is 27.

That just seems crazy low to me for tap water especially since I'm in an old house but plumbing has been replaced.

Ok I was just going of what ranges the meter instructions said.
200 will only kill you depending on what it is. Fw tanks run between 200-400 and sw one 8-11k.

Yeah I don't have a di chamber yet so that's why it is not 0.
I'll be getting it soon.

Your home waterline may have a filter on it somewhere along the way. My TDS starts at around 50. TDS isn't dangerous at all though... anything with a TDS of 200 that will kill you would likely also kill you with a TDS of 5.

My tap is mid 30's , I think you are all good , but 7 is a little bit high , it may be time for D/I resin or maybe due for a good flush

I just saw your post saying you didn't have di , I should have read.
Look at eBay my coralife RO had no DI and I added an inline chamber that came packed with color changing resin for 10-15$ maybe less , but it was by far the best deal I could find at that time.

Ok I'll check it out. Hopefully in a couple weeks I can have it setup the way I want it.

I don't have any coral right now any ways but will be adding some soon.

Now that I have read this post, I had to go have a look at mine.....
Incoming water is 38tds and 0 on the out put.

When I lived in buford GA our tap water was 38.
Now that I'm in northern Kentucky it's 300! It won't kill you but you will become a fan of college basketball and blue grass :)

spiderman097;1025117 wrote: My tap tds is 50, 200 would kill you

200 tds won't kill anything.

Test tds on any beverage. All it's measuring is dissolved solids and they don't have to be bad.

My house water is in the 30-40 range. RODI puts out 0 tds water.

Ours was always in the 38-42 range. TDS is total dissolved solids. It just tells you that there ARE solids present, not what those particles are.

Jenn

I read your post about no DI however 7 is still high to be coming out of a good membrain. At 7 it will take out your DI much faster. You may want to look at replacing all the filters if they are used.
Mine comes out of my membrain at 2.

My tap also reads 35-45 TDS and zero after my RO/DI. I think it all has to do with where you live and where the water source is coming from. When I worked in Ballground where they pull well water, they were reading 250-275 TDS.

Back