Weldon alternative?

cr500_af

Market
Reaction score
Is there anything besides Weldon (read: "easier to find than Weldon") that will bond acrylic? I have a skimmer with a crack where the inlet tube meets the body. I understand that the nearest place to buy Weldon is on the other side of ATL. Looking for something I can buy locally.
Thanks!

I know I'm an oddball, but I HATE eBay. eBay is the Devil, Bobby Boucher.

I'd probably buy a new skimmer before I bought a tube of glue from eBay. Yeah, I know I'm weird.

I understand that one. try this

a>

Barry, i have a pint of weld on #3. 3 is good for a crack, just let it wick in. Let me know if you want to use some.

tgray3;336659 wrote: Barry, i have a pint of weld on #3. 3 is good for a crack, just let it wick in. Let me know if you want to use some.

I'll take you up on that. Thanks a million. When is good for you? I can pick it up or if you'd prefer I can just bring the skimmer, fix it and take it home.

I go to work at 1pm. You can come by or you said you work in d'ville let me know where and i could drop it by on my way to work.

I have some Weldon too (too bad we didn't know you needed it yesterday!) I forget which number... I want to say 4 (gel/tube) - I know Scott has cut it with a solvent to make it more runny for certain repairs - he has a little bottle he uses for that - but I have a tube of the thicker stuff hanging around here.

Jenn

Mine might be 16... I think the lower the number, the thinner the stuff... I'll have to look when I get to work - I have CRS disease ;)

Jenn

tgray3;336663 wrote: I go to work at 1pm. You can come by or you said you work in d'ville let me know where and i could drop it by on my way to work.

PM sent--

Seedless Reefer;336683 wrote: Sal @ Saltwater City has a tube of 16.

This wouldn't be my skimmer thats broken would it?

Yep. I didn't notice it until I was looking at how the pump attaches, and I thought, "That tube shouldn't wiggle like that".
It's cracked about halfway around.

Try your local sign shop! I work at a sign shop and we use it all the time. Maybe they will let you get enough to fix your crack! hehe!

Barry,

if you're meeting Tom, can you grab that Koralia diffuser for me?

Loren,
Don't know the history, but I hadn't done anything with it before now (other than see that a Rio wouldn't push it) and I was looking at it deciding what the best way to hook up the Mag 5 would be, and noticed it. I got some Weldon today and since nothing moved, it will be an easy fix.

Robb,
Tom brought the Weld-on by work today, and before I read this. He's picking it back up Saturday, so if he wants to bring that I will deliver it to you.

Barry, Hope the Weldon worked for you, Robb I'll drop the diffuser off with Barry Saturday, Or i could run it by your house if your not working Saturday. Let me know what works for you.

I'm going to fix it after dinner. I'm sure it will; the crack is still butted together (nothing is out of place). Just gotta seal the seam. Now I get to figure out how to hook up the pump when all the fittings are glued and they aren't right for a Mag... Fun!

Back