Weldon question

after 1 week bonding acrylic weldon 3 is 2500 psi and weldon 16 is 2200 psi. It's pretty close. I think it's more about application. 3 is like water and requires a very tight fitting joint. 16 is more like syrup and can fill slight gaps in the joint.

Chris S;699186 wrote: after 1 week bonding acrylic weldon 3 is 2500 psi and weldon 16 is 2200 psi. It's pretty close. I think it's more about application. 3 is like water and requires a very tight fitting joint. 16 is more like syrup and can fill slight gaps in the joint.

Just built an overflow using 16. If that is "Like Syrup" I would hate to see what 3 is like. LOL I have to say though, I was very pleased with the results.

Yes ...i know its a dumb idea and will prob get a few laughs but

i have a little 3.5 gallon nano tank and i am wanting to build a small "sump like" thing to go on the back of the tank it is gonna be tine only about 1.5 gallons of water in it.. i want chambers , one with a filter spounge and another with some macro allege .

anyway i got some 1/4 inch acrylic and want to start building it... just trying to get as much info as i can before starting :)

Go to Kroger, in the "Kitchen" isle you will find these cool things called.......wait for it........wait for it.......TUPPERWARE. LOL There is your sump. :)

lalebeq;699203 wrote: Yes ...i know its a dumb idea and will prob get a few laughs but

i have a little 3.5 gallon nano tank and i am wanting to build a small "sump like" thing to go on the back of the tank it is gonna be tine only about 1.5 gallons of water in it.. i want chambers , one with a filter spounge and another with some macro allege .

anyway i got some 1/4 inch acrylic and want to start building it... just trying to get as much info as i can before starting :)

rdnelson99;699201 wrote: Just built an overflow using 16. If that is "Like Syrup" I would hate to see what 3 is like. LOL I have to say though, I was very pleased with the results.

3 is like water. it wicks itself into the seam. it can be very tricky to work with. very easy to have it run.

rdnelson99;699206 wrote: Go to Kroger, in the "Kitchen" isle you will find these cool things called.......wait for it........wait for it.......TUPPERWARE. LOL There is your sump. :)

HAHAHA ok....lol i guess that would work

Just go for the overkill and get yourself some Weld-on 40.

It is sure enough syrup but even it will run fairly quick if not on a horizontal plane.

It smells good like Vicks vapor rub which could be viewed as an added bonus if you have a stuffed up nose!!:thumbs:

Back in the 90s when there was no real thing as a nano setup/equipment, I would run an AquaClear 500 hob filter on my 10 gallon setups (very small setup for the time). The nice think about them is they are fairly large and have a flow rate of 500 gallons per hour (which you can manually set lower if wanted). I could run a small heater in one and run a small fuge there. Because of it didn't need any equipment in the tank.

A lot more expensive than tuperware, but it is already plumbed and has a pump.

rdnelson99;699206 wrote: Go to Kroger, in the "Kitchen" isle you will find these cool things called.......wait for it........wait for it.......TUPPERWARE. LOL There is your sump. :)

william, I ahve a new tube of weld-on at the house, also have a can (like pvc glue)
call if you need anything

Back